Optimizing WordPress will become a hygiene factor in 2021 to improve speed and load performance. We are a WordPress web development company in Dubai. Our knowledge has been updated on the Page Experience Improving process. This is the most recent algorithm update. These new page experience features will improve the website’s ranking.
Page experience indicators
Google created the Page Experience Index, (PII), to assess how users perceive interaction with a website page. Google Core Web Vitals is the measurement that determines the loading speed of real web pages.
It is composed of three metrics.
* The Largest Colorful Paint (LCP), metric measures a web site’s loading speed. LCP refers to the time taken by a web page to create the largest picture or text block, beginning at the moment that the page loads.
* The First input delay (FID) refers to the time taken by the browser for a request to be processed.
* The Cumulative layout shift (CLS) measures the visual stability of a webpage.
What Causes Slow WordPress Sites
WordPress’s flexibility and ease-of-use are what make it so attractive. WordPress offers thousands of themes and plugins, which allow you to create the perfect website. Some themes may not be compatible with certain plugins, and they are not all designed to be fast. The page’s speed can also be affected by the content of the web page.
Expert advice for WordPress performance optimization:
PerfMatters is a plugin that detects CSS that doesn’t need to be loaded on all pages of a WordPress website. Upgrade your hosting if it hasn’t been done. A CDN is a must-have if the sites are located in a highly competitive niche.
Check the WordPress admin interface first if the website takes too long to load. To improve website performance, unneeded plugins and unnecessary themes should be deleted. Page loading times can be significantly slowed down by large media files. Visitors who are forced to wait for videos or pictures have a higher bounce rate and lower SEO rankings.
Speed can also be improved by auditing slow-loading pages. Also, it is possible to increase website speed by replacing sliders with static images. This will benefit both Google and users, ultimately improving SEO.
While some WordPress themes like the fan favorite Neve are faster than others, experts prefer Astra. Shared hosting is not the best option. Other websites can clog up your very limited resources. VPS hosting does not come at a prohibitive price, is affordable for smaller websites and can be scaled.
A lot of agencies use a tried-and true technique to optimize WordPress. WP Rocket manages caching, minification and preloading as well as lazy loading of images and videos. Register for a Cloudflare account to access the WP Rocket settings.
LazyLoader is a great plugin that compresses images and displays lower-quality graphics until the page loads fully. Images-heavy landing pages can lead to slow load times and high bounce rates. Lazy loaders allow you to keep your site professional without losing its readability.
Website owners often don’t realize that there are many unnecessary details they can delete. Site load times can be improved by removing unneeded themes and plugins. GenerateBlocks is a better page builder than Elementor.
Google is determined to reduce the number of inactive and slow websites. It is important to immediately remove any page builders that you may have. It is also a good idea to not upload large-sized PNG images.
WordPress can cause slowdowns in website performance. Make sure that your server runs the latest PHP and MySQL versions. Use a powerful performance plugin such as Autoptimize and transfer photos to the cloud with Cloud image.
1. Choose a web hosting company that offers cloud hosting services such as SiteGround and Amazon Web.
2. WordPress themes that have a lot of design elements, widgets, and social symbols are visually appealing but leave you waiting for your website to load. To speed up the loading of your page, use lightweight themes
3. Reduce the image sizes on the webpage. You can reduce image size with programs like Chrome Page Speed or Photoshop without compromising image quality
4. Use caching plugins and powerful caching technologies to make your site faster.
5. To make the site faster, remove any unneeded items/plugins
It is not known how the Google Page Experience Update will impact the website’s rankings. Noting that WordPress website loading speeds are only one of 200 ranking parameters used by Google to determine SERP rankings, it is important to remember that this is just a small part.