To make a sloping roof frame with their own hands, pinewood is often used, not less than grade 2. The choice of a cross-section of wood and boards depends on the size of the roof and the selected roofs. (Its weight), wind and snow load in the area after installation steps. All these parameters are taken into account in the calculation. The strategy is set out in SNiP 2.08.01-89 and TCP 45-5.05-146-2009.
For a small-sized building, the roof frame can usually be simple: the top has two hanging rafter legs, a puff, floor beams, racks, and side rafters.
Top hanging device type
The name is given to the organization of rafters, which are based only on the outer base walls of the building. This model is used if there is no capital floor other than the exterior walls of the building. We have so many ideas about the roofer system, and also, we have a special team for your commercial roofing Dublin service.
This design is permitted, considering that the distance between the two capital bases is not more than eight meters, the reason being a noticeable weight on the foundation of the supporting structure. You understand that this load should be reduced. To do this, you can use the following devices:
Types of layered structures:
Unlike the previous scheme, the structure is mounted not only on both supporting exterior walls but also on wooden ceilings placed on the base. Therefore, before you build a mansard roof with your own hands, you need to plan before building the attic, e.g., the foundation. If the base is made of tape, which is already planned to increase the load-bearing partitions, a layered system is the best option. In this case, the structure withstands impressive loads and has an advantage over the hanging scheme;
it also provides a strong foundation for the logs and decks of the building. You can get professional service metal roofing in Ireland from our skilled team with many years of experience. When the manufacturer chooses a broken roof option for the attic, a mixed roof organization system can be used, where the side rafters are of a layered system, and the tops are in a dependent manner.
Each basic scheme contains the main link and is additional and optional in many designs. The main components of an attic roof are:
- Floor logs are the basis of other elements of the truss structure; they are mounted on the supporting wall of the building;
- Supporting legs, which are straight with a gable roof and in a broken pattern made of two elements. With this type of scheme, the upper support is called the ridge because it forms the point at the top of the roof – the ridge, the walls of the attic being formed by the rafters, called the side;
- A slipper or ridge board is an essential element of a gable roof; an exception can sometimes occur, for example, when a broken structure is installed;
- The moorland is attached to the base sidewalls of the building and is a strong legging on which the supporting legs are mounted;
- The angle or connecting diagonal sections support the longitudinal beams or posts and supports, thus making the structure more exclusive.
Attic floor beams are designed to connect racks. They are considered the main foundation of all types of attics. In the broken upper structure, inter-rafter runs are provided, which are required to give rigidity to the structure.