Different Cisco Catalyst switches support various quantities of VLANs. The quantity of upheld VLANs is to the point of obliging the prerequisites of practically all associations. The Catalyst 2960 and 3560 Series switches support VLANs more than 4,000.
The Normal VLANs ID range from 1 to 1,005 and expanded reach VLANs are from 1,006 to 4,094. The figure beneath shows the ordinary scope of VLANs on a Cisco switch. The little and medium-sized business and venture networks utilized an ordinary scope of VLANs.
Ordinary VLANs Range
- The ordinary scope of VLAN ID is somewhere in the range of 1 and 1005.
IDs 1002 through 1005 held for Token Ring and FDDI VLANs.
- The consequently made VLANs (1, 1002, 1003, 1004, 1005) can’t eliminate.
- VLAN information base document (vlan.dat) store VLAN setups. The vlan.dat record is in the glimmer memory of the switch.
- The VTP (VLAN Trunking Protocols) assists with overseeing VLAN setups between switches.
- The VTP can learn and store typical reach VLANs.
Broadened VLANs Range
- The lengthy VLANs range empowers specialist organizations to stretch out their foundation to a more prominent number of clients.
- The VLAN ID is somewhere in the range of 1006 and 4094.
- The default store place for expanded reach setups is running arrangements record rather than the vlan.dat document.
- Support less VLAN highlights than the ordinary scope of VLANs.
- VTP not working with broadened range VLANs.