Companies with fleets, regardless of their size, need to know where they are and when they need maintenance. This will also help them reduce travel time and fuel expenses. The effectiveness of fleet tracking devices is well-known for streamlining operations, increasing profits and decreasing costs. You have the visibility to monitor and manage your fleet effectively.
Fleet tracking was once a high-value investment that was only made by large enterprises. Fleet tracking software today is available for all types of fleets, small businesses. With the help of a GPS fleet tracker, enterprises can concentrate on streamlining and improving their fleet management processes. This article will explain GPS fleet tracking devices and their efficiency for fleet managers.
What is GPS Tracking?
GPS (Global Positioning System), is a popular technology used in today’s world. GPS tags can be found in satellite navigation systems and in pet microchips.
GPS tracking is done by combining a number of satellites orbiting around the earth to determine the GPS tag’s position. A location on the earth’s surface can be determined using only three satellites. However, the fourth satellite is used to verify information from the other. The fourth satellite will not only be three-dimensional but can also decipher the device’s altitude. GPS technology is a great solution to locate the fleets.
A GPS tracker can also be used to track a vehicle. This can help you streamline your business and make it more efficient.
What does a GPS Fleet Tracking Device do?
Fleet telematics uses GPS technology to collect data on the operation of vehicles and large fleets. Modern tracking tools can be accessed via cloud-based platforms. These tools can also be used to track fixed assets within businesses.
A tracking device must be attached or worn on a vehicle or other device in order to enable GPS tracking. The vehicle tracking device gives information about the exact location and details about equipment and people. It can also track the movements of your vehicles, devices, and people. A GPS tracking device can be used to track the location of trucks and children, or identify their exact position on the route. It can also be used to transport items.
The real benefits of streamlining the work of fleet managers
Many ways fleet tracking devices could help your company with fleet management. Not only can GPS devices help you locate your fleet vehicle but there are other benefits. GPS tracking also has other important benefits:
- Improved cost-efficiency –Fleet managers can monitor the vehicle with GPS tools to gain greater visibility into its operations. You can not only know where your trucks are and which vehicles they are driving, but also can make informed decisions that will improve efficiency. You can track fleet vehicles for business to calculate their cost per mile. How much revenue can you make per mile? Data that includes distance traveled, arrival time and rest time can be used by enterprises to benefit. This data can be used by fleet managers to reduce vehicle maintenance costs. An analysis of a vehicle can help identify potential problems and plan preventative maintenance and service plans.
- Low Fuel Costs – Prior to GPS telematics fleet managers didn’t have a way to keep up with their employees’ day-to-day activities. The company didn’t know who to dispatch, who was completing jobs or whether they were getting any work done. GPS tracking and better dispatch can help you save fuel, time, and emissions. GPS technology can be used to monitor vehicle speed and fuel consumption. You can also instruct them to encourage better driving, which can help save fuel.
- Less likely to be stolen – Regardless of whether vehicles are available for lease or you own them, it is important to take care of them and keep them safe to ensure your day-today operations run smoothly. Businesses can use fleet tracking to track vehicles and display real-time location data from GPS systems. This data is useful for authorities to quickly recover vehicles.
- Customer Satisfaction- Keeping customers informed throughout the process is key to a happy customer relationship. You can easily share updates with clients using GPS trackers. GPS tracking tools are great for improving customer satisfaction. We can give you a more precise estimated arrival time (ETA), so you know when delivery can be expected and other services.
- Increased Vehicle Safety – Installing a GPS vehicle tracking device on your fleet vehicles and assets will increase the security of your fleet. A GPS tracker will help you locate and retrieve stolen or lost assets quicker. Fleet managers can use these devices to identify unsafe driving patterns and prevent vehicle depreciation. Corrective actions reduce unsafe driving habits and ensure compliance with applicable laws. Your fleet’s security can help you save money and enhance your company’s image. These events can be monitored to help drivers develop safer driving habits.
- Improved Asset Utilization –GPS tracking solutions telematics solutions give insights into actual arrival, departure, travel time, and inactive drivers. You can see if jobs are completed on time, what delays are occurring, why they are occurring, and if any drivers have lost their way. You can even see how many drivers you have, what their utilization is, and make informed decisions to improve your fleet utilization.
You can also enjoy the following benefits:
- Optimized routes
- Productivity increases
- Reduced overtime and timesheet fraud
- Information about the vehicle and the driver’s behaviour.
No matter how large or small the fleet is, businesses can benefit from a GPS fleet management system. A fleet tracking device is designed to improve fleet efficiency and provide valuable insight into driver and asset performance.
Fleet tracking systems, which are the most important, can dramatically improve your business’ profitability and customer service.