To manage software infrastructure and production deployments, a streamlined approach is required. DevOps serves as the bridge to address the gaps in the software development lifecycle. This approach comes with proven standard procedures to develop, test, maintain, and roll out the application software. DevOps could be implemented anywhere, even in your startups, regardless of the type of development involved. There are many DevOps consulting services to help implement DevOps within your infra.
Why do you need DevOps for a startup:
DevOps has been proven to prevent downtime and improve operating costs. Below are the advantages of implementing DevOps for startups,
- Better communication and collaboration
- Deliver high-quality software
- Improve efficiency and agility
- Improve security and stability
Implementing DevOps for startups without prior experience might be a mammoth task. That’s where DevOps consulting services companies come to the rescue. Let us delve deep and figure out why DevOps consulting firms are required to ease the pressure on startup companies.
DevOps consulting firms offer DevOps services for startups and enterprise mobile app development companies. The consulting companies provide services in automation and scalability to improve the overall application development lifecycle. The DevOps consulting services also offer technically skilled people who help the startup’s infrastructure.
2. DevOps assessment:
A team of experts assists in analyzing the existing processes and DevOps practices. The application development lifecycle is analyzed and assessed to find areas for improvement. The experts also analyze the existing infra and the critical business processes and develop a recommended toolset to improve the startup’s agility. Doing so will always benefit startup companies to simplify their deployment process.
To support continuous deployment and delivery, the DevOps consulting services offer support in automation to provide hassle-free delivery. Automation decreases the possibility of human error while also increasing product efficiency. One of the main benefits of automation is that it gives a risk-free production deployment. Overall, the revenues of the startup will increase drastically.
4. DevOps management:
When DevOps is implemented, there are many things to consider and streamline. Change management, continuous deployment, and release management are a few on which consulting expertise is required. The consulting firms support the startup with industry-standard best practices to manage the workflow with ease.
5. Expert consulting:
Standard best practices are always available for new startup companies. Consulting firms share do’s and don’ts, which assist newbies in preventing errors and improving their stability.
6. CI and delivery:
DevOps consulting services support teams to set up continuous integration, thereby increasing the delivery efficiency. They offer help to minimize the integration time and improve code quality effortlessly. When these are adequately tackled, production risks are neglected, and time-to-market is improved.
7. Propose tools:
Consulting services have skilled and certified professionals who recommend appropriate toolsets for smoother deployment, maintenance, and support. Commonly used tools are listed below, which make development and deployment processes effortless,
- ELK stack
There are three DevOps methods to choose from that help startups address their gaps. Using any of the following techniques improves the development speed and product release.
- Kanban – many companies use this method, a majority of which are used in application maintenance and support. This approach helps teams to streamline the tasks and workload of individuals. This method can be implemented with a physical board or a kanban product available, with cards arranged over the board to track the tasks.
- Scrum – this approach defines how teams collaborate for smoother development and quality assurance. Standard workflows, such as sprints, time boxes, etc., are defined to streamline the deployment process.
- Agile – is the most common method used across multiple startups. This approach heavily influences the DevOps workflow to address the customers’ changing requirements. Daily stand-up meetings are the key to this approach which assists in smoother deliveries. The conditions are appropriately documented as user stories in proprietary tools to avoid deployment risks.
If you decided to drive your startup, getting support from a DevOps consulting services company would be the need of the hour. Consulting firms offer more support than the ones mentioned here. Picking the best needed from a pool of best practices is the key to the startup’s success.