If you are looking for a dentist, you will find that there are a variety of dental services to choose from. Some of the most common types of dental services include: General Dentistry, which focuses on preventive care and the treatment of common dental problems; Cosmetic Dentistry, which focuses on improving the appearance of teeth; Pediatric Dentistry, which focuses on the oral health of children; and Orthodontics, which focuses on the alignment of teeth. In this article, we will discuss some of the different services you can find within family dentistry.
Family Dental Services
Preventive dental services, provided by family dentists, are dental treatments that are given to a family to meet the demands of all members. Dental cleaning services, dentistry visits, X-rays and fluoride treatments for both children and adults are among the services provided. In addition, they might provide sealants – these are plastic coatings applied to the chewing surfaces of back teeth in order to prevent cavities.
What to expect at your dental appointment
When you go to see a family dentist for the first time, they will ask about your medical history and any allergies that you have. They will also take x-rays of your teeth in order to get a better idea of their current condition. After this, they will perform a physical examination of your mouth in order to look for any signs of problems. Once they have done this, they will discuss their findings with you and develop a treatment plan.
What might be included in a treatment plan?
This plan may include one or more of the following:
- Fillings: These are used to treat cavities. The dentist will remove the decayed part of the tooth and then fill it with a material such as amalgam (a mixture of metals) or composite (a plastic material).
- Crowns: Also known as caps, crowns are used to cover a tooth that is damaged. They can also be used to improve the appearance of a tooth.
- Bridges: These are used to replace one or more missing teeth. A bridge consists of two crowns that are placed on the teeth next to the space and a false tooth in between.
- Implants: These are used to replace one or more missing teeth. An implant is a metal post that is surgically placed in the jawbone. Once it has healed, a crown is placed on top of it.
- Root canal: This procedure is used to treat a tooth that is infected or damaged. The dentist will remove the damaged part of the tooth and then seal it off to prevent further infection.
After your appointment, you will be given instructions on how to care for your teeth. You will also be given a schedule for future appointments. It is important to follow these instructions and to keep your appointments so that your teeth will stay healthy.
Common dental problems
Dental problems can vary, so it is important to know what to look for and how to prevent them. Here’s a few common problems to look out for:
- Gingivitis and the more severe, gum disease, or periodontitis
- Bad breath
- Sensitive teeth
- Worn-down teeth
The best way to prevent these issues is to maintain good dental hygiene and visit a dentist near me regularly. However, if a problem arises, your dentist can also help you restore your teeth to a good working condition in many cases. Dental services are important for maintaining good oral health.
If you are in need of a dentist, check out this dentist in Anthem, AZ.